ZTE is expanding its Axon line of smartphones with a new model sporting a 6 inch screen and a 4,140 mAh battery. The new ZTE Axon Max joins the 5.5 inch Axon Pro and the entry-level Axon smartphones in the company’s line of phones with high-end features and upper mid-range prices.
The ZTE Axon Max was unveiled at an event in China. While the phone has a bigger screen and battery than any other models in the series, its specs are sort of a mixed bag.
Here’s a run-down of the phone’s features:
- 6 inch, 1920 x 1080 pixel AMOLED display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 617 processor
- 3GB of RAM
- 32GB of storage + microSD card slot
- Fingerprint scanner
- USB Type-C port
- 4,140 mAh battery and Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0
- 16MP rear camera and 13MP front camera
The Axon Pro, by comparison, has a 2560 x 1440 pixel display and 4GB of RAM, but a smaller battery and no fingerprint scanner (unless you get the “Elite” model).
ZTE will only offer the phone in China for now, where it’s priced at 2,999 Yuan, or about $460.