The Samsung Galaxy View is expected to launch sometime this month, and while Samsung still hasn’t officially unveiled the 18.4 inch tablet, SamMobile happened upon some promotional images that give us a pretty good idea of what to expect.
We still don’t know the price or the official launch date though.
Here’s a roundup of tech news from around the web.
- Samsung Galaxy View images leak: Samsung’s upcoming 18.4 inch tablet/display thing
Samsung’s big tablet have a kickstand that lets you prop it up on any surface for watching videos, viewing recipes, or making video calls. There’s also a sort of handle that should make it relatively easy to carry from room to room one-handed. [SamMobile]
- Ubuntu 16.04 will be codenamed Xenial Xerus, because… well, you try coming up with good X names!
Ubuntu 15.10 comes out this week, and in 6 months we’ll see another release. Now we know what it’ll be called… the name basically means friendly African ground squirrel. [Mark Shuttleworth]
- Unlock the Nexus 6P bootloader, and it’ll blow the qFuse
You can unlock or relock the bootloader on the new Nexus phones as much as you like, but you can’t hide the fact that you’ve done it. [/r/Android]
- And this is what it looks like when you boot an unlocked Nexus 6P
Load a custom ROM and you’ll see a different message making it clear that you’re running modified firmware. [+Ron Amadeo]
- Report: This is what the new Google OnHub router from Asus will look like
The first OnHub router was made by TP-Link. This one’s from Asus. Both are being made in partnership with Google. [Android Central]
- Black Screen of Life: Android app lets you listen to YouTube videos while the screen is off
Want to keep listening to videos when your screen is dark? This app will let you do it. Kind of. [Google Play]
- EzeeCube Linux-powered media center unboxed, torn down
This is what the crowdfunded, modular, Linux-powered media center looks like, inside and out. [CNX Software]
- Kodi 15.2 media center is now available
Don’t expect any major new features, but the latest version should have fewer bugs than Kodi 15.0 or 15.1. [Kodi]
- Nexus 5X can shoot 120fps slow-motion video
I posted a video of Ollie in my review of the Nexus 5X, but Puck was jealous. Here’s his video. [YouTube]