There are a few times a year when retailers tend to offer big sales. There’s the day after Thanksgiving, when US stores kick off the holiday shopping season with Black Friday specials. There’s the back-to-school shopping season when computer makers, clothing companies, and others push their latest goods.
Now there’s Amazon Prime Day: a made-up retail holiday which Amazon is running smack in the middle of July. The company says it’s offering more bargains today than it does on Black Friday.
There will be sales on different items throughout the day — but some of the best deals are on Amazon products like the Fire TV Stick, Kindle eReader, and Fire tablets. Sales on those products aren’t time-limited, but there are limited quantities available.
Here are some of the best deals from Amazon Prime Day… and from other stores (many of which are running their own sales to keep up with Amazon).
Note that you’ll need to be an Amazon Prime member to get some of the best prices on many of Amazon’s deals — but you can sign up for a free 30-day trial membership and cancel your subscription if you don’t want year-round access to free shipping, movies, TV shows, and music that membership gets you.
- Amazon Fire TV Stick for $24 – Amazon
- Amazon Kindle eReader for $49 – Amazon
Amazon Fire HD 7 tablet for $79 and up – Amazon
- Amazon Fire HD 6 for $79 and up – Amazon
- Amazon Fire HD 7 Kids Edition for $129 – Amazon
- Amazon Fire Phone + 1 year Amazon Prime for $179 – Amazon (or $140 from eBay)
- Buy an Amazon gift card pack for $45 or more, get $10 credit – Amazon
- Save 15% on select Amazon Warehouse deals – Amazon
- Save up to 40% on a Kindle Unlimited subscription – Amazon
- Amazon MP3 digital music best sellers for $4.99 each – Amazon (coupon: GOPRIME)
- Apple iPad mini 2 w/Verizon 4G for $265 and up – Walmart
- Save $100 on Samsung Galaxy Tab S tablets – Best Buy
- DigiLand 8″ Windows tablet for $80 – Best Buy
- Dell Venue 8 7000 Series for $350 – Best Buy
- Lenovo Miix
- Acer Aspire E11 11.6″ Windows notebook for $150 – Newegg
- Asus EeeBook X205 11.6″ Windows laptop for $170 – Best Buy
- Acer C720 Chromebook w/Core i3 Haswell for $200 – Amazon
- Dell XPS 13 ultrabook w/Core i5 Broadwell for $799 – Microsoft Store (coupon: SAVE100)
- Refurb Acer Chromebooks for $110 and up – Acer (via eBay)
- Asus Transformer Book T100 Chi 2-in-1 w/Atom Z3775 for $350 – Microsoft Store (coupon: SAVE100)
- HP Pavilion x360 13″ convertible notebook w/Core i5 Broadwell for $599 – Microsoft Store (coupon: SAVE100)
- Asus Transformer Book T300 Chi 2-in-1 w/Core M for $397 – Microsoft Store (coupon: SAVE100)
- Lenovo Miix 11 2-in-1 Windows tablet w/Core i5 Haswell for $400 – Newegg
- Refurb Acer Aspire Switch 10 for $180 – Acer (via eBay)
- Refurb HTC One M9 smartphone (AT&T unlocked) for $400 – QualityCellz (via eBay)
- Unlocked Motorola Moto E smartphone for $90 and up – Amazon
- Crucial 256GB SSD for $80, 512GB for $160 – Amazon
- Emtec USB 3.0 flash drives for $19 (64GB) and up – Woot
- Google Chromecast for $30 – Walmart
- Google Nexus Player for $70 – Best Buy
- Misfit Shine fitness tracker for $49 – Microsoft Store
You can find more bargains in our daily deals section.