The Amazon Fire Phone certainly isn’t the best smartphone you can buy. It runs Amazon’s custom version of Android, has aging hardware, and one of its hallmark features (glasses-free 3D imagery) isn’t much more than a gimmick.
But you know what might make it easier to deal with all of those shortcomings? A really good deal on the phone. Right now Amazon is selling the Fire Phone for $159 and the price includes a 1-year subscription to Amazon Prime, worth $99. That effectively brings the price of the phone itself down to $60.
Or you could just buy a cheap phone that runs stock Android software. The Motorola Moto E is on sale for as little as $90 at the moment.
Anyway, here’s a roundup of some of the day’s best deals.
- Amazon Fire Phone + 1 year Prime for $159 – Amazon
- Motorola Moto E (2nd edition) smartphone for $90 and up – Amazon
- Unlocked ZTE Nubia 5S mini LTE smartphone for $130 – NeweggFlash
- Google Nexus 6 for $479 and up – Motorola (coupon: MOTOMAKERMATTHEW)
Laptops and tablets
- Refurb Asus Transformer Book T100 2-in-1 tablet for $145 after rebate – NeweggFlash
- Asus Transformer Book T300 w/12.5″ display, Core M for $550 – Woot
- Refurb Microsoft Surface Pro (1st gen) for $281 and up – Amazon
- Refurb B&N NOOK HD+ tablets for $78 and up – NeweggFlash (great screens, sluggish processors)
- Refurb HP Chromebook 14 (2014) for $170 – Woot
- Refurb Acer Chromebook 11 for $110 – Acer (via eBay)
- Dell portable Bluetooth speaker + $25 gift card for $45 – Dell
- Refurb Roku Streaming Stick for $30 – Amazon
- Refurb Google Chromecast for $20 – Groupon
- Motorola Moto 360 18mm smartwatch (champagne) w/metal band for $200 – Best Buy
- Crucial 960GB 2.5″ SATA III SSD for $280 after rebate – TigerDirect
- HP 128GB USB 3.0 flash drive for $30 – TigerDirect
- Name your price for nearly $2,000 worth of apps for game makers – Humble Bundle
You can find more bargains in our daily deals section.