Over the past few years, a number of low-cost notebooks running Google’s Chrome operating system have hit the market. While Google offers the operating system to PC makers free of charge, that’s not the only thing that makes these laptops cheap: they also tend to have pretty basic specs including just 2GB of RAM and 32GB of storage or less.
But in the past year we’ve seen a number of Windows notebooks with similar specs… and similar prices. Acer, Asus, and HP all offer 11.6 inch notebooks with list prices of $200 or less. Still think that’s too much money? If you shop around you can often save some money — and right now there are a couple of deals that will let you pick up a refurbished Windows 8.1 notebook for $150 or a new model for $180.
Here are some of the day’s best deals.
- Refurb HP Stream 11 Windows notebook for $150 – Groupon
- Refurb Asus EeeBook X205 11″ Windows notebook for $150 – Groupon
- New Asus X205TA 11″ Windows notebook for $179 – Microsoft Store
- Acer Aspire E11 11″ Windows notebook for $180 – B&H
- Lenovo ThinkPad x140e 11.6″ Windows 7 Pro laptop for $330 – Woot
- Toshiba Chromebook 13 w/FHD display for $250 – Walmart
- Asus Zenbook UX303 13″ ultrabook w/QHD+ display for $799 – Microsoft Store
- Refurb Dell Venue 11 Pro Windows tablet w/4GB RAM, 128GB SSD for $380 – Woot
- Refurb Dell Venue 11 Pro Windows tablet w/8GB RAM, 256GB SSD for $500 – Woot
- Lenovo Yoga 2 10″ Windows tablet for $300 – Best Buy
- Asus Transformer Book T300 Chi 2-in-1 tablet for $499 – Microsoft Store (coupon: PCGRAD15)
- Refurb Asus tablets and notebooks for $90 and up – Woot
- Motorola Moto 360 smartwatches for $150 and up – Woot
- Pre-paid, no-contract Motorola Moto G (1st gen) for Verizon for $20 – Best Buy
- Aukey Quick Charge 2.0 car adapter for $11 – Amazon (coupon: PTV73ZPJ)
You can find more bargains in our daily deals section.