The VidOn Box is an Android-based media center that lets you run XBMC (and other apps) on your TV.
It stands out from many of the other Android-based systems I’ve tested in a few ways. First, it comes with custom software called VidOn XBMC that, among other things, includes support for Blu-ray menus. Second, there’s an option to boot straight into XBMC rather than loading an Android app launcher first. Third, while the device comes with a 1-year VidOn Membership, if you wan to continue using premium features (like Blu-ray menus) after a year you’ll need to pay a $15 annual membership fee.
This contest is for a slightly used VidOn Box media center and a 1-year membership code.
The box has an Allwinner A31S processor, 1GB of RAM, 8GB of storage, HDMI, Ethernet, USB, and S/PDIF ports as well as 802.11n WiFi. It comes with an IR remote control and works pretty well for 1080p HD video playback. You may need a different remote control, a mouse, or another controller for some third-party apps though.
Here’s how to enter for a chance to win:
Leave a comment on this page by 6:00AM Eastern on Monday, February 16th, 2015
There are a few more things you should know:
- This contest is open to residents of the continental United States.
- We’ll randomly select a single winner.
- That person will have 48 hours to respond once they’ve been notified. We’ll select a new winner if we haven’t heard back by then.
- Make sure to use a valid email address, Twitter, Google+ or Facebook account when you login to leave your comment so we have a way to contact you.
- Leave just one comment.
- If you’ve won another Liliputing contest in the past 60 days you’re ineligible to win this one.
- Writers for Liliputing or close friends or family members are also ineligible.
Thanks again to VidOn for sending us this demo unit!
Update: This contest has now ended. Congratulations to our winner, Mike Trotter!