The Rikomagic MK80 is a box designed to let you run Android apps on a TV. It’s powered by an 8-core processor, runs Android 4.4 software, and it’s one of the most powerful devices of its type that I’ve tested.
It’s also one of the most expensive, priced at $150 and up.
But you might be able to get one for free! Since I’m finished testing the demo unit Rikomagic sent me to review, it’s time for a giveaway.
The model we’re giving away features an Allwinner A80 Octa processor, 2GB of RAM, 16GB of storage, 802.11ac WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0, and Gigabit Ethernet.
There’s also a SATA connector for hooking up an external hard drive as well as two USB 2.0 ports, one USB 3.0 port, and an SD card slot. The MK80 also comes with a wireless remote control.
It’s worth noting that this type of device runs a version of Android that hasn’t been fully optimized for televisions: some apps might not work well on a TV screen or they might be tough to interact with using a remote control, gamepad, or even a keyboard and mouse. If you want a simple, user-friendly device you might be better off with a Nexus Player, Chromecast, Roku, or Amazon Fire TV.
But, did I mention we’re giving away an MK80 for free? It’s hard to beat that price.
So here’s how to enter.
Leave a comment by 6:00 AM Eastern on Monday, February 9th, 2015
That’s pretty much it. But here are a few rules:
- This contest is open to anyone with a valid shipping address in the continental United States
- A single winner will be randomly selected.
- Once the winner has been contacted, that person has 48 hours to respond. We’ll select a new winner if we don’t hear back within that time.
- Make sure to use a valid email address, Facebook, Google+ or Twitter account when you login to leave your comment so that we have a way to contact winners.
- Please leave just one comment.
- If you’ve won another Liliputing contest in the past 60 days, you’re not eligible to win this one.
- Neither are any writers for Liliputing or close friends or family members.
Thanks again to Rikomagic for providing us with the MK80 review unit.
Update: This contest has now ended. Congratulations to our winner, Britton Stockwell!