The InkCase Plus is an E Ink display that fits into the cover a smartphone case. Pair it with your phone and you can use the low-power, black and white screen to read eBooks or view pictures from your phone without turning on the phone’s color display.
I was sent a demo unit to test with my Nexus 5 smartphone, and while I really liked being able to look at cute pictures of my cats without turning on the display, there wasn’t much else that I could actually do with the device.
It only supports a handful of apps at this point. If that changes in the future, the InkCase Plus could become a much more useful device. But for now it only supports two eBook apps, a photo app, and a fitness tracker app.
That could make it tough to justify spending close to $100 for the device. But what we’re offering a chance to get one for free.
Note: This contest is for an InkCase Plus and a custom fit case for a Google Nexus 5 smartphone. You can use the InkCase Plus display with any Android phone that supports Bluetooth. But if you want to use the phone with a device other than the Nexus 5, you’ll either need to use it without a case or buy a case separately.
Here’s how to enter for a chance to win:
Leave a comment on this page by 6:00AM Eastern on Wednesday, February 11th, 2015
Here are some rules:
- This contest is open to readers anywhere in the world.
- A single winner will be randomly selected.
- Once that winner is contacted, that person will have 48 hours to respond. If we haven’t heard back by then, we’ll pick a new winner.
- Make sure to use a valid email address, Twitter, Google+ or Facebook account when you login to leave your comment so we have a way to contact you.
- Leave just one comment.
- This contest is not open to anyone who has won another Liliputing contest in the past 60 days.
- Writers for Liliputing and close friends or family members are also ineligible.
Thanks to FirstGrabber for supplying us with the demo unit!
Update: This contest has ended. Congratulations to our winner, Cihat Keser!