Dell’s new XPS 13 ultrabook is a thin and light laptop with a 13.3 inch display crammed into a case the size of a normal 11.6 inch laptop.
It has an extraordinarily thin bezel around the screen, and Dell is offering models with or without touchscreens… but with touchscreen models starting at $1299, I think the non-touch versions might be more attractive.
Prices start at $799 for a model with a matte, non-touch display, an Intel Core i3 processor, 4GB of RAM, and 128GB of storage.
You can also opt for a $999 model from the Dell website which has a Core i5 CPU and 8GB of RAM… but if you want something in between, the Microsoft Store has a model that’s not available from Dell.com. It has a Core i5 CPU and 4GB of RAM.
Personally I’d like to see a model with a Core i3 CPU and 8GB of RAM… the memory is soldered to the board, so if you think you might need more than 4GB you should pay for it when you buy the laptop. The storage should be easier to upgrade yourself.
Here are some of the day’s best deals.
- Dell XPS 13 ultrabook w/Core i5 Broadwell for $899 – Microsoft Store
- Toshiba Satellite NB15T 11.6″ touchscreen notebook w/Celeron N2830 for $290 – Woot
- Acer CXI Chromebox w/Celeron 2957U for $150 – Amazon
- Asus Chromebox M004U w/Celeron 2955U for $150 – Newegg
- Intel NUC mini-PC w/Core i5 Haswell for $340 – NeweggFlash
- Toshiba Encore Mini WT7 Windows tablet w/7 inch screen for $79 – Microsoft Store
- Sennheiser MM 100 Bluetooth wireless headphones for $80 – Woot
- Refurb Asus 802.11ac AC1750 WiFi router for $90 – Newegg (coupon: EMCAKAX49)
- Transcend 32GB USB 3.0 flash drive for $13 – TigerDirect
- Motorola 3000 mAh portable battery for $9 – Amazon
- Motorola 3000 mAh portable battery 2-pack for $15 – MobilePros1 (via eBay)
- Name your price for $283 worth of digital Image Comics – Humble Bundle
- The Time Machine by H.G. Wells Kindle eBook and Audible audiobook for free – Amazon
You can find more bargains in our daily deals section.