The Tronsmart Vega S89 is a device that lets you run Android apps on a TV. There’s no shortage of such devices in the market, but the Vega S89 is one of the better models I’ve tested.
It’s fast, gets decent WiFi performance, ships with Android 4.4 KitKat software, and a TV-friendly user interface.
Geekbuying sells the Tronsmart Vega S89 for $99, but I’m giving away the one they sent me to review, so read on for details about how to win one for free!
This device features 2GB of RAM, 8GB of storage, a microSD card slot, 802.11n WiFi, and Bluetooh 4.0. It has an IR sensor and comes with a wireless remote control. You can hook it up to a TV with an HDMI cable.
It also has an Ethernet jack, an SPDIF port, 2 USB 2.0 ports, and a micro USB OTG port. While the Tronsmart Vega S89 is said to support 4K video playback, I haven’t had much luck getting it to play ultra HD videos. It does just fine with 1080 or 720p files though.
Here’s how to enter for a chance to win the Tronsmart Vega S89:
Leave a comment on this page by 6:00AM Eastern on Monday, October 13th, 2014.
That’s pretty much it, but here are a few things to keep in mind:
- This contest is open to residents of the United States or anyone with a US shipping address.
- A winner will be selected randomly.
- Once a winner is notified, that person will have 48 hours to respond before we give up and select another name.
- Make sure you use a valid email address, Twitter, Facebook, or Google+ account to login when you leave your comment. If we don’t have a way of contacting you, there’s no way to let you know you’ve won.
- Please leave only one comment.
- Liliputing writers and close friends and family members are not eligible to win.
Thanks again to Geekbuying for providing us with the Tronsmart Vega S89!
Update: Congratulations to our winner, Peter Misisco!