The Rikomagic MK704 is a tiny, wireless keyboard that you can use as a mouse, keyboard, or remote control. You can use it as a multi-function remote control for a home theater PC, an Android TV box, or pretty much any device with a USB port that you can plug the wireless adapter into.
It supports Android, Windows, Linux, and OS X.
Rikomagic sent me a demo unit to test, and now that I’m done with the MK704 it’s time for a giveaway. Read on to find out how you can get a chance to win this little keyboard/remote.
It’s not the simplest remote control or keyboard to use… but it is rather versatile if you’re trying to run apps that don’t respond well to remotes that have just a few buttons.
With a full QWERTY keyboard complete with Fn keys, arrow keys, and shortcuts for media playback, you can do just about anything with the MK704 that you could with a full-sized keyboard. You’ll just probably do it more slowly since you’ll probably end up typing with two thumbs instead of all 10 fingers.
You also have to hold down two keys at once do access functions like the Windows Start button or the Android home button, which can be a bit tedious at times.
There’s also an air mouse mode that lets you wave around an on-screen cursor and click the left and right buttons. This mode comes in handy when you’re using apps that weren’t really designed for use with arrow keys and play/pause buttons.
OK, enough about the remote. What you really want to know is how you can get one for free. Here’s how to enter:
Leave a comment on this page by 6:00AM Eastern on Monday, October 20th, 2014.
That’s the large print. Here’s the same sized (but not bold-faced) print:
- This contest is open to anyone in any country. I’ll ship the MK704 anywhere. But if you live in a region where prize winnings are taxed, you’re responsible for covering any taxes or fees.
- One winner will be randomly selected.
- Once that person has been notified a clock starts ticking. You’ll have 48 hours to respond. If I don’t hear anything by the end of that time, I’ll select a new winner.
- Make sure to use a valid email address, Twitter, Facebook, or Google+ account to login when you leave your comment so that I’ve got a way of getting in touch with you to let you know if you’ve won.
- Please leave just one comment.
- Liliputing writers and close friends and family are not eligible to win.
- Neither is anyone who’s won another Liliputing contest in the past 60 days.
Thanks again to Rikomagic for providing us with this demo unit! You can learn a bit more about it in the video below.
Update: Congratulations to our winner, Dan Pollack!