Most operating systems can give you an idea of which apps are using the most CPU power or memory. But there’s a new feature in the dev channel for Chrome OS that goes a bit further and lets you see which apps or web pages are draining the most power from your battery.
This could help you decide whether to kill a few browser tabs in order to prolong your battery life.
- Chrome OS dev channel now shows how much battery power each web site/tab is using
- Looks like Touch ID and Apple Pay could be coming to the next iPad
There’s a hidden settings menu in iOS 8.1 beta which points to Apple Pay for the iPad. [MacRumors]
- Motorola’s Moto 360 software update reportedly improves battery life… by a lot
Early reviews of the Moto 360 suggested it offered less-than-stellar battery life. A software update appears to improve things dramatically. [reddit]
- Lenovo’s acquisition of IBM’s x86 server business expected to close October 1st
Because once you start acquiring portions of IBM’s PC business, you just can’t stop. [IBM]
- GPD Q9 is an Android gaming tablet with a RK3288 processor
It may not have an NVIDA graphics chip or anything, but this little guy’s got game controllers on the sides of the screen and one of the fastest Chinese chips on the market at the moment. [Notebook Italia]
- Google begins showing in-app purchase price ranges in the Play Store… but doesn’t provide many details
It’s helpful to know if there are in-app purchased before downloading a “free” app… and now you can get a sense of how much those IAPs cost. Sadly it’s not a very strong sense… Google still doesn’t tell you how much individual in-app purchases cost or what exactly you’ll have to pay for (bonus features, or essential components of a game or app?) [Android Police]
- Here’s a look at the spec sheets for Intel’s upcoming Broadwell-U chips
Intel won’t launch most of its Broadwell chips for notebooks and other portables until 2015, but here’s a look at the basic specs including clock speeds and power consumption for many of those upcoming processors. [VR Zone]