Toshiba’s new $199 Encore 2 WT8 tablet may be one of the first Windows tablets to launch with a list price under $200. But it’s hardly the only tablet in that price range.
It usually doesn’t take long for retailers to start marking down prices on Windows notebooks and tablets… so a number of models which launched earlier this year are now selling for around the same price — sometimes with better specs such as a faster processor or more memory.
Case in point: Rakuten is selling the Acer Iconia W4 tablet with Windows 8.1, an Atom Z3745 processor, 2GB of RAM, and 32GB of storage for $189. Purchase using Visa Checkout and apply some coupon codes and you can get the tablet for $164 in cash… and get $75 in shopping credit, bringing the effective price down to $114 (if you were going to buy other stuff from Rakuten anyway.
Here are some of today’s best deals.
- Acer Iconia W4 8″ Windows tablet w/32GB for $189 (or less) – Rakuten (via Dealnews)
- Lenovo Miix 2 8″ Windows tablet w/32GB for $204 – Amazon
- Dell Venue 8 Pro Windows tablet w/32GB for $200 – Amazon
- Asus VivoTab Note 8 Windows tablet w/32GB + pen for $199 – Amazon
- Microsoft Surface Pro 3 w/64GB for $649 – Microsoft Store (students only)
- Name your price for 10+ eBooks from HarperCollins – Humble Bundle
- Select DC Comics issues for $0.99 each – Amazon Kindle
- SolidRun Cubox-i4Pro quad-core mini PC for $120 – NeweggFlash
- Amazon Fire TV for $85 – Best Buy
- Refurb Sony Smartwatch (1st gen) for $60 – Daily Steals
- SanDisk 32GB USB 2.0 flash drive for $12 – B&H
You can find more bargains in our daily deals section.