Want to watch Amazon Instant Video on your smartphone or tablet? Then you’d better have a Kindle Fire, a Fire Phone, or an iOS device: there’s no Amazon Instant Video or Prime Video app available for Android or other platforms… yet.
But PC Advisor reports that at least in the UK, an Android app is on the way. It’s not clear if this means anything for folks living in the United States or other countries, since the article clearly refers Prime Video as the service formerly known as LoveFilm… which was only available in the UK and Germany. But hopefully the upcoming Prime Video app won’t be limited to the same countries.
- Report: Amazon Prime Video app for Android devices on the way (in the UK at least)
There’s a lot we don’t know about the app yet, including whether it will support phones or just tablets. [PC Advisor]
- US House passes a bill to permanently ban taxes on internet access
Congress has been renewing a temporary ban regularly for more than a decade. Now it looks like the measure could be permanently enacted. [Slashdot]
- $150 Slingbox M1 is the smallest, cheapest Sling media place-shifting box to date
The new model still lets you stream live or recorded TV from your home to mobile devices or PCs. But it’s smaller, cheaper, and packs WiFi as well as Ethernet. [Zatz Not Funny]
- Report: Android tablet with Intel Broadwell Y chip coming by year’s end
Tablets with 10.6 to 13.3 inch, 2560 x 1440 pixel displays, 8 hours of battery life, 13MP cameras, and prices in the $499 to $799 range are said to be in the works. [Fudzilla]
- Intel launches Galileo Gen 2 development board with Intel Quark chip
The Galileo board is aimed at developers looking to build Internet of Things applications and other software and hardware that works with Intel’s upcoming low-power Quark chips. [CNX Software
- Now you can flag apps as inappropriate in the Google Play Store website
Tired of finding pirated apps, malware, or other inappropriate content in the Google Play Store? Now you can let Google know when you find problematic content in the Play Store website. [Android Police]
- KDE Plasma 5.0 desktop experience released
The latest KDE software is prettier, has a revamped notification area, and features better support for high DPI displays. [KDE]