BlueAnt makes a line of wireless headphones and headsets for use with smartphones and other devices. The company’s Pump HD Sportbuds might be some of the most impressive.
These $130 Bluetooth earbuds are waterproof which means not only can you use them while performing a sweaty workout — you can even go swimming with them.
I picked up a free pair of earbuds at an event from the Max Borges PR agency recently, tested them a little bit, and now it’s time for a giveaway!
The BlueAnt Pump HD earbuds come with a variety of seal tips in different sizes so you can fit the earbuds tightly. There’s a built-in battery that supplies up to 8 hours of audio playback time or 2 weeks of standby time. And there’s an included micro USB cable for recharging the battery.
There’s also a built-in mic which you can use to make or answer phone calls, and a few buttons on the side of the device which you can use to adjust the volume or play or pause music.
If you’re using an iPhone you can also see the battery level of the earbuds on your phone. That feature’s not available for Android… but all the other features seem to work with my Nexus 5.
Note that the earbuds are only fully waterproof when you make sure the charging port is fully covered.
It’s nice being able to listen to music without worrying about tangling a cord, sweating during a workout, or getting caught in the rain. Audio quality is decent, but nothing to right home about. I’ve used $20 earbuds that sound about as good — and you don’t have to turn them on before using them or pair them with your device to get started.
The BlueAnt Pump HD Sportbuds are also a bit heavier than a typical set of earbuds… but you can make them more comfortable using included accessories including a cable zip and stabilizers.
I’m not sure I’d use the waterproof features enough to justify the asking price of more than $100 for a pair of earbuds like these… but since I didn’t… and since I have a policy of giving away any item of value that I pick up during the line of work, it’s time for a giveway.
Here’s how to enter for a chance to win a slightly used pair of Bluetooth, waterproof earbuds:
Leave a comment on this article by 6:00AM, Monday June 30th, 2014
Here’s the fine print (it does look fine, if I do say so myself:
- This contest is open to residents of the continental United States.
- Please leave only one comment per person. Try to cheat and none of your comments will count.
- We’ll randomly select a winner from all valid entries.
- Liliputing writers and close friends and family are not eligible to win.
- Neither is anyone who’s won another Liliputing giveaway in the past 60 days.
- Make sure to use a valid email address, Twitter, Facebook, or Google+ account when leaving your message so we have a way to contact you.
- Once a winner is notified, that person will have 48 hours to respond. If we don’t hear back by then, we’ll choose another winner.
Thanks again to the Max Borges Agency for providing us with these earbuds.
Update: Congratulations to our winner, Vincent Ng!