The Podor T518 is pocket-sized device which you can plug into a TV or monitor to run Android apps on a big screen. This Android TV box has a custom app launcher designed for big screens, an adjustable WiFi antenna that helps keep it connected to your network, and relatively speedy processor.
W2Comp sells the T518 for $78, but the retailer sent me a demo unit to test a few months ago — and now it can be yours for free.
The Podor T518 features a Rockchip RK3188 ARM Cortex-A9 quad-core processor, 2GB of RAM, 8GB of built-in storage, WiFI, and Bluetooth.
It has a full-sized USB ports, two micro USB ports, a micro SD card slot, and an HDMI adapter. The adjustable antenna helps this model stand out from many of the similar Android TV boxes on the market — but another nice touch is the Fn button on the side of the case. It helps you flash custom ROMs, software updates, or other software without sticking a paperclip in a hole and fishing around for a reset button (something you have to do with many other Android boxes).
Over the past few months I’ve run a few different tests on this device, including running PicUntu Linux and the Cheapcast Android app. The device is pretty responsive, supports most Android apps, and makes a nice little option for streaming internet videos or playing games — assuming you’ve got a keyboard, mouse, remote control, or game controller.
Here’s how to win a free Podor T518:
Leave a comment on this article by 6:00AM Eastern on Tuesday, December 31st, 2013
Here are a few more details:
- A winner will be randomly selected from all valid entries.
- If you’ve won another Liliputing contest in the past 30 days, you’re not eligible to win this one… so please don’t bother entering.
- Liliputing writers and close friends and family members are also ineligible.
- Make sure to use a valid email address, Twitter, or Google+ account to leave your message so we have a way of contacting you — and make sure to check your messages after the contest concludes.
- Once a winner is notified, that person will have 48 hours to respond. If we don’t hear back within that time frame, we’ll pick a new winner.
This contest is open to anyone around the globe, and we’ll cover shipping costs. But you’re responsible for paying any fees or tariffs that may apply.
Update: Congratulations to our winner, Patrick Hill!
Thanks again to W2Comp for providing us with this T518!