So far 2013 is shaping up to be a great year for HD displays. A growing number of smartphones and tablets are shipping with 1080p or higher-resolution displays. And we’re starting to see Windows laptops following suit, with some models featuring screen resolutions as high as 3200 x 1800 pixels.
But what about desktop monitors? While higher-than-1080p screens have been available for a while, they tend to be crazy expensive.
Now AOC is offering a model that’s a bit closer to affordable. the AOC q2963Pm is a 29 inch, wide-screen IPS display with a resolution of 2560 x 1080 pixels. It’s kind of like having two side-by-side monitors, except it’s just one screen.
And it sells for $400, which makes it about the price of 2 monitors, but much cheaper than many other devices in its class.
Here are some of the day’s best deals.
- AOC 29″ 2560 x 1080 pixel IPS monitor for $370 – Newegg (coupon: HPNMQSV55)
- Asus Zenbook UX31A 13″ ultrabook w/Core i5 Ivy Bridge, 1080p screen for $699 – Adorama (via eBay)
- Toshiba Satellite U945 14″ ultrabook w/Core i5 Ivy Bridge for $550 – Adorama (via eBay)
- Refurb Vizio CT14 14′ ultrabook w/Core i3 Ivy Bridge for $500 – Badger Auctions (via eBay)
- Refurb Dell XPS 13 ultrabook w/Core i5 Ivy Bridge for $675 – Gaming Laptops (via eBay)
- Refurb B&N NOOK Tablet w/8GB for $90 – 1SaleADay (via eBay)
- Refurb BlackBerry PlayBook 7″ tablet w/16GB for $90 – CowBoom
- OCZ Agility 3 480GB SATA III 2.5″ SSD for $280 – Rakuten
You can find more bargains in our daily deals section.