Disclosure: Some links on this page are monetized by the Skimlinks, Amazon, Rakuten Advertising, and eBay, affiliate programs. All prices are subject to change, and this article only reflects the prices available at time of publication.
So far 2013 is shaping up to be a great year for HD displays. A growing number of smartphones and tablets are shipping with 1080p or higher-resolution displays. And we’re starting to see Windows laptops following suit, with some models featuring screen resolutions as high as 3200 x 1800 pixels.
But what about desktop monitors? While higher-than-1080p screens have been available for a while, they tend to be crazy expensive.
Now AOC is offering a model that’s a bit closer to affordable. the AOC q2963Pm is a 29 inch, wide-screen IPS display with a resolution of 2560 x 1080 pixels. It’s kind of like having two side-by-side monitors, except it’s just one screen.
And it sells for $400, which makes it about the price of 2 monitors, but much cheaper than many other devices in its class.
Here are some of the day’s best deals.
- AOC 29″ 2560 x 1080 pixel IPS monitor for $370 – Newegg (coupon: HPNMQSV55)
- Asus Zenbook UX31A 13″ ultrabook w/Core i5 Ivy Bridge, 1080p screen for $699 – Adorama (via eBay)
- Toshiba Satellite U945 14″ ultrabook w/Core i5 Ivy Bridge for $550 – Adorama (via eBay)
- Refurb Vizio CT14 14′ ultrabook w/Core i3 Ivy Bridge for $500 – Badger Auctions (via eBay)
- Refurb Dell XPS 13 ultrabook w/Core i5 Ivy Bridge for $675 – Gaming Laptops (via eBay)
- Refurb B&N NOOK Tablet w/8GB for $90 – 1SaleADay (via eBay)
- Refurb BlackBerry PlayBook 7″ tablet w/16GB for $90 – CowBoom
- OCZ Agility 3 480GB SATA III 2.5″ SSD for $280 – Rakuten
You can find more bargains in our daily deals section.