Ultrabooks tend to have screen sizes ranging from 11.6 inches to 15.6 inches. Those 4 inches can make a big difference, because while all ultrabooks tend to be thinner than 0.9 inches, some models weigh just over 2 pounds while others can weigh more than 5 pounds.
So it’s rather refreshing to see an ultrabook with a big screen and a small weight. The Samsung Series 9 line of ultrabooks are some of the thinnest and lightest around, and the company’s 15.6 inch models weigh just about 3.6 pounds, making them nearly as easy to tote around as a competitor’s 13.3 inch model.
That kind of convenience normally comes with a high price tag, but right now you can pick up a Series 9 ultrabook with a 15.6 inch, 1600 x 900 pixel display, an Intel Core i5 Ivy Bridge CPU and 8GB of RAM for $850.
Here are some of the day’s best deals.
- Samsung Series 9 3.6 pound, 15.6″ ultrabook w/Core i5 for $850 – Rakuten
- Dell Inspiron i14z 14″ ultrabook w/Core i5 for $500 – Newegg
- Lenovo IdeaPad U310 13″ touchscreen ultrabook w/Core i5 for $600 – TigerDirect
- Refurb Lenovo IdeaTab A2107 7″ Android tablet for $77 – Lenovo (coupon: DOORBUSTERS)
- Refurb Samsung Smart PC 500T 11.6″ Windows 8 slate w/Atom Z2760 for $400 – Woot
- Refurb Vizio 8″ Android tablet + folio case for $99 – Woot
- Refurb Nikon Coolpix S9300 16MP camera w/18x optical zoom for $100 – Woot
- Kingsoft Office Suite Professional 2013 for Windows for free – Giveaway of the Day
- CD Albums for $3.99 each + free shipping – Best Buy
- Pay what you want for 7 Windows, Mac, Linux, Android games – Humble Bundle
You can find more bargains in our daily deals section.