The MK802 is an Android TV stick. Plug it into your TV and you can run Android apps on the big screen. It looks a bit like a chunky USB flash drive, but where you’d normally find a USB adapter, there’s an HDMI port.
While the MK802 II isn’t the most powerful device on the market, it’s pretty versatile. In addition to running Android, the little device can function as a Linux computer thanks to the Allwinner A10 ARM Cortex-A10 processor.
The folks at W2Comp sent me an MK802 II a while back, and it’s been sitting on my desk for a little too long. So it’s time for a giveaway.
W2Comp sells the MK802 II for $49. But I’m giving one away for free. It features 1GB of RAM, 4GB of storage, a microSD card slot, and 802.11n WiFi. It comes with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.
And while I’m clearing things off my desk, I’m going to throw in a large cotton “Geek Pride” T-Shirt AMD sent me recently.
Here’s how to enter for a chance to win the Android TV stick and the T-shirt:
Leave a comment by 5:00AM, Wednesday, 5/22/2013
All you have to do to enter is leave a comment below by Wednesday morning. But make sure to read these rules before entering:
- This contest is only open to people with a US mailing address.
- Leave only one comment — if I catch you leaving multiple comments, I’ll throw out your entry.
- I’ll choose a winner randomly from all valid entries.
- Once I notify a person that they’ve one, that person has 48 hours to respond. If I don’t receive a response I’ll pick another winner.
- Note that in order for me to contact you, you’ll need to leave a comment using a valid email address, Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ account for your login. If you use a social network to login, make sure to keep an eye on your inbox/friend requests/etc — I’ve selected winners in the past only to have them completely ignore my attempts to reach them.
- If you’ve won a Liliputing contest in the past 60 days, please let someone else have a try. I’ll toss out your name and choose another if I select someone who’s received a prize recently.
Thanks to W2Comp and AMD for these prizes.
Update: Congratulations to our winner, BoloMKXXVIII!