Over the past few months a number of companies have put out tiny Android TV sticks featuring low power processors such as the Rockchip RK3066 dual core CPU. But the J&W MINIX Neo G4 stands out from the crowd thanks to sturdy build quality, good power management, and the best WiFi performance of any mini PC I’ve tested so far.
The folks behind this little Android computer sent me a demo unit to check out recently… and now that I’ve done that, it’s time to let someone else have a chance.
The MINIX Nego G4 has 1 GB of RAM, 8GB of storage, 802.11n WiFi, and quad-core ARM Mali 400 graphics.
It runs Google Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and offers a choice of a standard Android app launcher or a custom launcher designed for big-screen displays. The device also comes with the Google Play Store pre-installed, making it easy to download third party apps.
There’s an HDMI port and USB port which makes it easy to hook up a TV or monitor and a keyboard or mouse. MINIX also includes a tiny remote control which works reasonably well — as long as you have a direct line of sight between the remote and the Neo G4.
How to win: Leave a comment by 5:00AM, 12/20/2012
Leave a comment below by the time the contest closes and you’re automatically entered in the contest. Please make sure I have a way to contact you — if your Disqus account is associated with an email address or if you sign in with Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ that should do the trick.
Here are the rules:
- This contest is open to residents of the continental United States.
- Please leave only one comment on this post. If you try to enter multiple times, I’ll discard your entries.
- Winners will be randomly chosen from all valid entries.
- Once a winner is notified, that person has 48 hours to respond. If we don’t hear back, we’ll pick another winner.
- If you’ve won something else from Liliputing in the last 30 days, it’s someone else’s turn. Please don’t bother entering. We’ll just toss out your entry.
Thanks again to MINIX for sending us this NEO G4 TV stick.