The Ainol Novo 7 Elf II is a little tablet with a long name. The 7 inch tablet features a relatively speedy 1.5 GHz dual core Amlogic AM8726-M6 ARM Cortex-A9 dual core processor, 1GB of RAM, and 8GB of storage.
Other highlights include HDMI output, a CPU mode tool that lets you adjust the tablet for performance or power savings, Android 4.0 software and support for the Google Play Store.
On the other hand, this tablet has one of the worst screens I’ve seen on a 7 inch tablet. It’s an 800 x 480 pixel display with awful viewing angles. The screen also seems to scratch very easily. I’ve had a tablet sitting on my desk for a few weeks, but I’ve barely touched the thing — I haven’t even bothered to login to my Google account, and it already has some visible scratches.
At least the tablet does support multi-touch gestures including pinch-to-zoom.
I’m not sure I’d recommend spending money on this tablet. But you may not have to — because we’ve got two to giveaway for free, thanks to the folks at W2Comp, which sells the Ainol Novo 7 Elf II for $130.
This weekend we’re going to give away the model I already opened, so expect a lightly used device with a few scratches. The unopened model will be included in a future giveaway as part of the Liliputing 2012 Holiday Giveaway.
Inside the box you’ll find the tablet, a capacitive stylus, a USB charging and sync cable, and a small pouch that you can slip over the tablet to try and protect it from scratches.
How to win: Leave a comment by 5:00AM, 12/03/2012
You can enter to win simply by leaving a comment below. Just make sure I have a way to contact you. If you use your email address, Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ to login to Disqus in order to leave a comment, that should work.
Entries must be received by 5:00AM Eastern Standard Time on Monday, December 3rd, 2012.
Here’s the normal-font print:
- This contest is only open to residents of the continental United States.
- Please leave only one comment on this post. You’ll be disqualified if you leave more than one.
- Winners will be randomly chosen from all valid entries.
- Winners have 48 hours to respond after they’ve been selected. If we don’t hear back from you, we will choose another winner at random.
- Writers for Liliputing and their friends and family members cannot enter this contest.
- If you’ve won another Liliputing contest in the past 30 days, please let someone else have a chance. We’ll toss out your name and draw again if we find a repeat customer.
Thanks again to W2Comp for supplying Liliputing with this Ainol Novo 7 Elf II.
Have a Chromebook, or looking to buy one? Google is giving away free copies of DOOM and DOOM II as a perk. It joins …
Liliputing’s primary sources of revenue are advertising and affiliate links (if you click the “Shop” button at the top of the page and buy something on Amazon, for example, we’ll get a small commission).
But there are several ways you can support the site directly even if you’re using an ad blocker and hate online shopping.