Disclosure: Some links on this page are monetized by the Skimlinks, Amazon, Rakuten Advertising, and eBay, affiliate programs. All prices are subject to change, and this article only reflects the prices available at time of publication.
Toshiba’s Satellite U845W is an ultrabook with an unusually wide display. It measures 14.4 inches diagonally, but it has an unusual 21:9 aspect ratio, which means it’s great for watching videos that are about as wide as they’d be at the movie theater.
The screen is a little less useful for watching TV shows filmed with 16:9 or 4:3 aspect ratios, but the extra-wide screen isn’t just good for video. You can also use the 1792 x 768 pixel display to view multiple apps side by side.
While the U845W takes a little getting used to, I was pretty impressed with the model I reviewed this summer, but I was a bit disappointed in the $1000 starting price.
But today you can pick one up from Office Depot for just $650, making the U845W one of the least expensive ultrabooks available at the moment.
- Toshiba Satellite U845W 14″ ultra-widescreen ultrabook for $650 – Office Depot
- Asus Zenbook UX21E 11.6″ ultrabook w/Sandy Bridge, 128GB SSD for $799 – Microsoft Store
- Refurb Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF101 Android tablet w/16GB for $250 – TigerDirect
- Refurb Asus Eee Pad Slider SL101 Android tablet w/keyboard for $365 – Newegg
- Refurb Motorola XOOM 32GB tablet w/3G + dock for $300 – DailySteals (via eBay)
- Refurb Lenovo IdeaPad A1 7″ Andorid tablet for $135 – Newegg
- Patriot 32GB Class 10 SDHC card for $16 – TigerDirect
- “Great Autumn Albums” for $2.99 each – Google Play Store
You can find more bargains in our daily deals section.