The AOKP development team has released a new build of their custom ROM for Android phones and tablets. AOKP Jelly Bean Build 2 is based on Google Android 4.1, but it offers a huge number of customization options.
For instance, the latest build lets you use a tablet view on any device, so you can switch between tablet and smartphone user interfaces on a phone. This could come in handy if you have a phone with a big screen like the Samsung Galaxy S III or HTC One X.
Build 2 adds support for more than a dozen additional devices, fixes bugs, and includes a number of new features, including:
- DPI switcher
- Kill all buttons in the recent apps panel
- Use volume buttons to control music playback
- Apply themes to the contacts and MMS apps
- View weather information in the status bar
- Allow screen rotation on the lock screen
- Use volume buttons to zoom in the camera app
- Answer phone calls by pressing the home button