LibreOffice is a popular, free, and open source alternative to Microsoft Office. It lets you create and edit spreadsheets, text documents, presentations, databases, and other office-style documents.
Here are some of the changes in the latest version of LibreOffice:
- PDF export with watermark option
- Word Count added to the Status bar in Writer
- Import Office SmartArt into Writer
- Improved CSV file import in Calc
- Improved copy/paste functions in Calc
- Support for color scales and data bars in Calc
- New Impress master pages
- User interface improvements
- Faster pivot table refreshing in Calc
You can find a more detailed list of new features in the release notes.
The developers of LibreOffice are also working on a version for Android, but it’s not nearly ready for prime time yet.