There are two things that happen every year when I’m at CES, regardless of the mobile devices on display:
- I run into mobile tech bloggers from around the world unexpectedly, often without even trying.
- I pick up way more USB flash drives than I know what to do with, since companies love to put their press kits on USB sticks these days.
I didn’t get a chance to snap a photo with everyone I met up with at one point or another over the week, but the photos below show some of my favorite people in the mobile tech news world having fun or at least trying to hide their exhaustion
Speaking of exhaustion, I’m too lazy to go through and label these photos, so I figured I’d kill two birds with one stone: The first four or five people to correctly name everyone in each photo gets a 2GB to 4GB USB flash drive.
Some folks show up in multiple photos, so you can either post a complete list of individuals in each picture in your comment, or just give a list of everyone you see. If nobody guesses all the names, the people who come closest win.
You can find higher resolution versions of most of these photos at my Google+ page.
Update: The contest has drawn to a close… and turned out to be a little tougher than I thought. In fact, there’s even one person I wasn’t able to fully identify.
The image above shows Steve “Chippy” Paine from UMPC Portal, CarryPad, and Ultrabook News, me, Nicole Scott from Netbook News, and I think the last person is someone from Netbook Live. We met shortly before the photo was taken and then I promptly forgot his name.
2. This is what hard work looks like. (Chippy)
4. Some bloggers, on the other hand, are just about the same height. (Brad Linder and Kevin Tofel of GigaOm Mobilize)
5. Cleverly photographed so you can’t actually make out any names on the ID badges.. I think. (Brad Linder, Nicole Scott, and Sascha Pallenberg)
6. I used to work with one of these people way back when Liliputing was just a twinkle in my eye. This was the first time we’d met in person though. The internet is weird. (Christina Warren and Adam Ostrow from Mashable, along with me taking the photo from an awkward angle)
7. What’s with all these tall people anyway? (Balazs Gal from nDevil and Brad Linder)
8. Ahh, that’s more like it. (Brad Linder and Cheryl Lindo Jones from Netbook News)
10. Working alone… together. (Robert Scoble and Sascha Pallenberg)
If you’re wondering why the captions started at number 2, that’s because image at the top of the post counts as the first. So there you go. Identify as many of the people in the pictures as you can, and get a chance to win a lousy USB flash drive.