There’s a week to go until Black Friday. The day after Thanksgiving is the traditional start to the holiday shopping season, and in order to help keep that tradition alive, a number of retailers run Black Friday specials with some of the deepest discounts of the year.
Many of the deals are so-called “doorbusters,” which means that limited quantities will be available and you’d better get to the store early to snage them. Others may be available all day.
Here’s a roundup of some of the best deals on mobile devices expected to go on sale on Friday, November 25th, 2011.
We’ll be updating this list as Black Friday approaches.
Amazon Wireless is offering every Verizon, Sprint, and AT&T phone for just one penny when you sign up for a new service plan. That includes the Motorola Droid RAZR 4G, Samsung Galaxy S II, HTC Rezound 4G, and Sony Ericsson Xperia Play 4G Android phones as well as a number of BlackBerry and Windows Phone models.
If your phone has a mobile hotspot feature and you activate it, Amazon will also throw in a $100 gift card.
You don’t have to wait until Black Friday for this one. Amazon is already offering these deals and throwing in free 2-day shipping to boot.
Amazon is also selling the Kindle DX eBook Readerwith a 9.7″ inch display and 3G wireless for $259 this weekend. It normally retails for $379.
- iPad 2 models starting at $458 (at least $41 off)
- iPod touch models starting at $178 (at least $21 off)
- MacBook Air models starting at $898 ($101 off)
- iPod nano starting at $118 ($11 off)
- NOOK Simple Touch limited edition eReader for $79 – in stores only
- Refurbished NOOK Color for $119 at the B&N eBay store (normally $199)
Most of Best Buy’s deals will be available in-stores, but you can also visit bestbuy.com/onlineonly to view online bargains.
- Asus Eee Pad Transformer for $250
- Dell Streak 7″ Android 3.2 tablet for $160
- 8GB iPod touch 4th generation for $195 + $50 gift card
- Apple iPad 2 16GB WiFi for $455
- $100 for the Asus Eee Pad Transformer Keyboard Dock (which is about $50 off)
- Acer Iconia Tab A100 7″ Honeycomb tablet for $190 (normally $330)
- Toshiba Thrive 10″ Honeycomb tablet for $280 (normally $400)
- Gateway LT2811U 10″ netbook w/Atom CPU, Win 7 Starter, 4 hour battery for $150 (normally $200 – $300)
- Amazon Kindle Keyboard 3G w/Special Offers for $90 (normally $139)
- Barnes & Noble NOOK Simple Touch Reader for $80 (normally $100)
- Kingston 8GB microSDHC card w/full size adapter for $7
- Sandisk 32GB SDHC card for $30
- Corsair 32GB USB 3.0 flash drive for $20
- Kingston 64GB SSDNow V200 Series 2.5″ SATA III SSD for $60
- Asus Eee PC 1001PXD netbook w/Atom N455, 4 cell battery for $200
Retail CompUSA stores in a handful of states will reportedly be offering a 32GB HP TouchPad tablet with a case, stand, and Bluetooth speakers for $229.99. This deal will not be available online.
The electronics store apparently managed to snag some HP TouchPads, because the retailer will be offering the tablet for $150 to cusotmers that purchase qualifying HP laptops. Prices range from $530 to $650 for the advertised bundles.
Other bargains include:
- Asus Eee Pad Transformer for $300
- Archos Arnova 10 8GB tablet for $150
- Coby Kyros MID7012 4GB tablet for $100
Gameloft is offering all of its HD video games for Android and iOS for 99 cents this weekend, inclduing Order & Chaos, Starfront: Collission, Eternal Legacy, Asphalt 6, Modern Combat 2, and more.
HP will be offering discounts on webOS apps in the App Catalog starting Friday morning.
You can also get $10 off almost any order of $50 or more from HP.com through 11/26/2011 with the coupon code “SHOPNOW.” The coupon doesn’t work on HP Mini netbooks though.
- Refurbished Kobo WiFi eBook Reader for $60
- Kobo Touch for $130
- Kobo Touch with Offers for $100
Microsoft is selling the Eee PC 1015PX for $199 today. It’s a netbook with a 1.66 GHz Intel Atom N570 dual core processor, a 3 cell battery, and Windows 7 Starter.
- Asus Eee PC 1001PXD netbook w/Atom N455, 4 cell battery for $190
- Asus Eee PC 1018 netbook w/Atom N550, 6 cell battery for $260
- Corsair Flash Voyager GT 32GB USB 3.0 flash drive for $30 after rebate
- BlackBerry PlayBook 16GB tablet for $200
- Buy any HP PC and get a 32GB HP TouchPad for $150
- Lenovo IdeaPad K1 32GB Android tablet for $300
- 16GB BlackBerry PlayBook for $199
- 32GB BlackBerry PlayBook for $299
- 64GB BlackBerry PlayBook for $399
Update You can use the coupon code 09OLTY12 to take an extra $10 off the price of a PlayBook tablet.
- Archos 101 Gen8 10″ Android 2.2 tablet for $220
- Sears also has a really horrible Sylvania netbook and a Sylvania tablet on sale. Don’t buy them.
The Skytex SkyTab S-Series Windows 7 Slate PC is on sale for $499 through 11/28. That’s $200 off the normal price.
The SyTab S-Series has a 9.7 inch, 1024 x 768 pixel display, a capacitive touchscreen, 2GB of RAM, a 320GB hard drive, and a 1.5 GHz Intel Atom N550 dual core processor. It runs Windows 7 Home Premium with a custom app launcher from ExoPC.
- BlackBerry PlayBook 16GB tablet for $199
- Acer Iconia 10.1 Android tablet for $300
- Toshiba Thrive 10″ Android tablet for $350
- NOOK Color tablet + $25 Staples gift card for $200
- Acer 10″ netbook for $157
- Acer Aspire One 722 11.6″ notebook w/AMD C-50 for $197
- Amazon Kindle Keyboard 3G with special offers for 85
- Apple 8GB iPod touch with $40 Target gift card for $195
- HTC Flyer 7″ Android tablet for $220
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 7″ Android tablet for $220
- HP 3105m 11.6″ notebook w/AMD E-350 for $300
- Refurb Asus Eee Slate EP121 12.1″ Windows tablet w/Intel Core i5 for $700
- Centon DataStick Pro 32GB USB 2.0 flash drive for $25
- 32GB iPod touch + $50 gift card for $300
- 8GB iPod touch + $50 gift card for $200
- Toys R Us is also offering Sylvania Android tablets and netbooks for $75. You probably don’t want them.
- Motorola XOOM 4G Android tablet for $199.99 on contract
- $50 to spend on any device or accessory for $25 (via LivingSocial)
You can find more Black Friday deals at BlackFriday.info, which has full scans of Black Friday ads from a number of retailers.