The Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime is now available for pre-order from Amazon. You can place an order for a model with 32GB of storage for $492.20, while a 64GB model will cost you $584.22.
Those prices cover the tablet, but not the optional keyboard docking station. That will cost another $150 or so, but it doesn’t appear to be available for purchase yet.
It will be the first tablet to ship with a 1.4 GHz NVIDIA Tegra 3 quad-core processor. The tablet is also thinner and lighter than the original Eee Pad Transformer, measuring 10.4″ x 7.1″ x 0.33″ and weighing 1.3 pounds.
Asus is selling the tablet with Android 3.2 Honeycomb for now, but the company will offer an over-the-air update with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich soon.
Other specifications include:
- 10.1 inch, 1280 x 800 pixel LED Super IPS+ display with 10-finger multitouch input and Corning Gorilla Glass
- 1GB of memory
- 802.11b/g/n WiFi
- Bluetooth 2.1
- 1.2MP front-facing camera
- 8MP rear camera with auto-focus, flash, and a F2.4 aperture
- Stereo speakers
- mic/headphone combo jack
- micro HDMI port
- microSD card reader
- G-sensor, gyroscope, E-compass, GPS, and light sensor
- 25Whr battery for up to 12 hours of run time
The Transformer Prime is expected to ship in December, although Amazon isn’t giving a precise date.
Update: The optional keyboard dock is also now available for pre-order for $150.