Archos has rolled out a software update for the new Archos 80 and Archos 101 G9 tablets. The Archos 80 G9 went on sale this month for $300, featuring an 8 inch, 1024 x 768 pixel capacitive touchscreen display and a 1 GHz dual core processor. The Archos 101 G9 isn’t even available for purchase yet.
The update adds a number of features and fixes a number of bugs. Here are a few of the highlights.
- Google Talk now comes preloaded.
- The camera quality is now better in high and low light conditions.
- There’s hardware acceleration for Adobe Flash.
- There’s better support for upscaling standard definition video for a 1080p display.
- You can create shortcuts to shared network drives for streaming media over your home network.
You can find the complete list of changes in the release notes.
The update isn’t yet listed on the Archos support page, but you can find a download link at the ArcTablet blog.