If it seems like forever and a day since Notion Ink first introduced a prototype for its upcoming Adam tablet in January, that’s probably because the company keeps reminding us that it’s on the way… but not quite ready for purchase yet. In part 9 of a weekend blog series, Notion Ink founder Rohan Shravan is sharing a few more interesting details.
- The Android tablet has a matte, scratch-resistant display.
- The company has done some work on the screen to make sure there aren’t any color distortions.
- It will come with a three-pane file browser called Sniffer which is designed for widescreen tablets.
- There’s an email app called Mail’d which works online and offline and has an undo sent mail feature.
- There will be GPS navigation software available in 43 languages.
- There’s a new unofficial user forum.
- The NotionInk.in web site is coming soon.
The company has also put together a teaser video showing the weather widget, and another video showing the startup animation you’ll see when you turn on the Adam tablet. You can check out both videos after the break.