The pieces of the Eee PC 1201-series notebook puzzle are starting to fall together — but just starting. The company already offers (or has in the works) the following models:
- Eee PC 1201N with a dual core Atom 330 processor and NVIDIA ION graphics
- Eee PC 1201PN (not yet released) with Atom N450 and next-gen ION graphics
- Eee PC 1201NL with an Atom N270 chip and ION graphics
- Eee PC 1201HA with an Atom Z520 processor and interated graphics
- Eee PC 1201T with an AMD processor and ATI graphics
A few weeks ago, several new model numbers were uncovered, but there were few details available about the Eee PC 1201K and Eee PC 1201X. Today there are still few details, but the folks at Netbook Italia managed to grab an updated product manual for the series, and it shows what the cases will look like for each computer.
The Eee PC 1201X appears to have the same case design as the Eee PC 1201T. It’s not entirely clear if this means it will also have an AMD chipset, but it does tell us that there’s no HDMI port on this model.
The Eee PC 1201K is a bit more of a head-scratcher. This model has two USB ports on the right side, but none on the left. There are also no access panels on the bottom of the computer, which could make upgrading RAM a headache. Netbook Italia guesses that this model might have a VIA Nano processor, but we won’t know for certain until Asus releases more details.