Since we’re talking about a prototype, it’s important to take everything he says with a grain of salt since there’s still time to work out the kinks before unleashing the Skylight on the world. But here are some of the highlights of Darryl’s first look:
- The Skylight is very thin and light by netbook standards, weighing less than 2 pounds and measuring 10″ x 8″ x 7.5″.
- The keyboard is nearly full sized and comfortable.
- There are no physical touchpad buttons, but the touchpad is enormous.
- Kang says the netbook started to feel slow when 9 or more applications were running.
- While Flash is supported, Youtube video playback quality wasn’t that great.
I’m a bit disappointed to hear that the Skylight continues to struggle with Flash video playback. I noticed the same thing when I tested a Skylight back in January. I would have expected this issue to have been addressed by now.
Hit up Darryl Kang’s blog for more details and hands-on photos.
via Eee PC.net