Viliv is launching a whole slew of new portable computing devices including a 10 inch tablet with an HD display, a full QWERTY keyboard and an Intel Atom processor.
We first caught a glimpse of the Viliv S10 Blade a few months ago, but now there are more details available (plus that nifty press photo shown above):
- CPU: 1.6GHz Intel Atom Z530 or 2GHz Atom Z550
- Display: 10.1″ x 1366 x 768 pixel multi-touch + swivel
- RAM: 1GB
- Storage: 32GB, 64GB, or 128GB SSD
- OS: Windows 7 Home Premium
- Connectivity: 802.11b/g/ WiFi, Bluetooth, optional 3G or WiMAX
- I/O: 3 USB, SDHC card slot, mic, headphone, D-sub, video out (compositie/component/S-video)
- Keyboard: 84 keys
- Battery: 10 hours normal use or 7 hours of video playback
- Dimensions: 10.2″ x 7.3″ x 1″
- Weight: 2.7 pounds
There’s no word on the price yet.
All in all, it sounds pretty awesome except for the pokey Atom Z5xx series processor. While that low power CPU will help grant the computer decent battery life, I’ve typically found these processors to feel slower for everyday tasks than the more common Atom N270.
An upgrade to the newer Atom N450 CPU might have provided comparable battery life without the performance hit, but the Atom N450 comes with integrated GMA 3150 graphics while the Atom Z5xx has GMA 500 graphics with hardware acceleration for HD video playback. I’m guessing Viliv went with the GMA 500 option due to the tablet’s HD display.
via UMPC Portal