Netbook maker Haleron is now taking orders for a 7 inch mini-laptop with an ARM-based processor. The Haleron Mini Swordfish Smartbook looks like a minor update to the Mio Smartbook Haleron introduced last year. In addition to the new name, the Mini Swordfish got a bump from a 266MHz CPU to a 300MHz processor and a price drop from $189 to $149.
Here’s what you get for your money:
- CPU: 300MHz VIA ARM 9-based 32-bit processor
- Display: 7 inch TFT LCD
- OS: Windows CE 6.0
- Memory: 128MB (supports up to 256MB)
- Storage: 1GB flash storage (supports up to 4GB)
- Connectivity: 802.11b/g WiFi, 10/100 LAN, optional 3G USB modem
- I/O: mic, headphone, 3 USB ports, SD card slot
- Battery: Up to 8 hours
- Weight: 1.54 pounds
The mini-laptop is available in pink, green, red, black, or silver. You can also order the Mini Swordfish with Linux for $15 more. $55 more gets you Windows XP and a processor upgrade, although the Haleron web page doesn’t specify exactly what processor you get with the upgrade.