Remember when an all-in-one desktop PC with a large, high resolution display would set you back an arm and a leg? Now, Asus, MSI, Shuttle, Acer, and other companies are putting out sub-$600 all-in-ones left and right. The latest entry is a bit more expensive, but also a bit more powerful. Acer subsidiary Gateway is introducing the One ZX all-in-one desktop line with starting prices ranging from $750 to $1400.
Here’s what you get for the $750 Gateway One ZX4800:
- Display: 20 inch, 1600 x 900 pixel multitouch screen
- CPU: 2.1GHz Intel Pentium Dual Core T4300
- Graphics: Integrated GMA X4500HD
- Audio: 5.1 channel audio and built-in 5 watt stereo speakers
- Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
- RAM: 4GB DDR2
- Storage: 750GB SATA HDD
- Disc drive: 8X DVD-RW Super Multi drive
- Connectivity: 802.11b/g/n WiFI, 6 USB ports,
- Peripherals: Wireless keyboard and mouse, integrated HD webcam
The pricier Gateway One ZX6800 has a 23 inch, 1902 x 1080 pixel display, Core 2 Quad processor, twice the RAM, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650 graphics, a 1TB hard drive, 64GB solid state disk, and a TV tuner.
At these prices, it’s unlikely Gateway will go head to head with lower cost, Intel Atom and NVIDIA ION-based systems like the Asus Eee Top ET2002. But if you need a bit more power out of your all-in-one desktop, the One ZX series looks like a worthy alternative.