If you want to pick up a Dell Inspiron 11zlaptop in the US, here’s the configuration you’ll get for your $449: 11.6 inch, 1366 x 768 pixel, 1.2GHz Intel Celeron 723 CULV processor, 2GB of RAM a 250GB hard drive, and a 3 cell, 28Whr battery. It comes with Windows Vista Home Premium and a free upgrade offer for Windows 7. There are pretty much zero customization options.
In France, it’s a different story. There you can pick up the Inspiron Mini 11z with the following options:
- CPU: 1.3GHz Intel Celeron ULV 743 single core / 1.3GHz Intel Pentium ULV SU4100 dual core
- RAM: 2GB / 4GB
- HDD: 160GB / 250GB / 320GB / 500GB (all 5400rpm)
- Battery: 3 cell, 28Whr / 6 cell, 56Whr
- WiFi: Dell Wireless 1397 (802.11b/g) / Dell Wireless 1510 (802.11n)
- Bluetooth: Optional
- OS: Windows Vista Basic / Windows Vista Home Premium
- Colors: black / white / red / green / blue / pink / purple
You’re still stuck with only one display option, an 11.6 inch, 1366 x 768 pixel screen. The base model runs 379 Euros, or about $556 US. But if you play with the configuration options it’s not hard to jack the price up to over a thousand Euros or closer to $1500 US.
No word on if or when we’ll start to see these options show up on Inspiron Mini 11z models in the US.