Onkyo’s latest netbook from Japan is a thin and light machine that measures just 0.9 inches thick and weighs just 2.1 pounds. But it still finds room for a 10.1 inch, 1024 x 600 pixel display.
The Sotec DC204 also has a 32GB solid state disk, which is a bit larger than the SSDs found in most low priced netbooks. But in order to keep the machine thin and light, Onkyo cut a few corners, leaving out the VGA and LAN ports. There is an optional adapter that will provide Ethernet and VGA connections.
Here’s a rundown of the rest of the specs:
- CPU: 1.6GHz Intel Atom N270 CPU
- Display: 10.1″, 1024 x 600 pixels
- RAM: 1GB (soldered to the motherboard)
- Storage: 32GB SSD
- Connectivity: 802.11b/g/n WiFi
- I/O: 3 USB ports
- Battery: 1800mAh 5 hour battery
- Webcam: 0.3MP
- Touchpad: supports multitouch gestures
The computer is expected to go on sale in Japan in July for 49,800 yen or about $526.
via Portable Monkey