MSI has officially launched the Wind U200 that was leaked yesterday. The computer has a 12 inch screen and an Intel Penryn ULV processor, so it’s not exactly a netbook. But it is part of the Wind family, which makes it the MSI Wind U100, U110, U115, U120, and U123’s big brother. Wow, that’s a lot of wind.
Anyway, Sascha from NetbookNews.de snagged a bunch of pictures of the new laptop from the launch event. He notes that the laptop isn’t much larger than a 10.2 inch netbook, but features a nice roomy keyboard. From the photos, it doesn’t look like there’s much of a bezel around the display. And on the underside of the unit there’s a large access panel held on by just two screws, which means you should be able to upgrade the RAM or hard drive with minimal fuss.
Here’s a rundown of the specs:
- Display: 12 inch, 1366 x 768 pixels
- CPU: Intel Penryn SFF ULV processors
- Chipset: GS45 + ICH9M-SFF
- Graphics: Intel GMA 4500MHD
- RAM: Up to 4GB of DDRII 667/800MHz memory in 2 DIMM slots
- Storage: 2.5″ SATA 160GB or 250G hard drive
- Connectivity: 802.11b/g/n WiFi, Bluetooth 2.0, Ethernet
- I/O: HDMI, D-sub, 3 USB ports, mic input, headphone output, 4-in-1 card reader
- Webcam: 1.3MP
- Battery: 3 or 6 cells
- Dimensions: 11.7″ x 7.5″ x 1.2″
- Weight: 3.1 pounds
Update: Sascha also shot some video, which you can check out after the break.