Last night Acer unveiled about 20 new devices at a press event in New Jersey. I already told you about the upcoming AspireRevo nettop which bundles an Intel Atom CPU with an NVIDIA GPU for better graphics performance. Now that the dust has settled, some more information about Acer’s new products is coming out. There’s not a lot of information about pricing or release dates. But it is clear that Acer is pushing both top of the line high power machines and low power, low cost desktop and notebook computers running Intel Atom processors.
Here are a few of the details:
Netbooks and ultraportables
- Gateway LT20: 10.1 inch display, under 2.62 pounds, WiFi, Bluetooth, optional 3G, multitouch touchpad
- Gateway LT30: 11.6 inch display, under 2.62 pounds, WiFi, Bluetooth, optional 3G, multitouch touchpad
- New Acer Aspire One: 11.6 inch, 1366 x 768 pixel display, less than an inch thick, larger and roomier keyboard. Laptop Mag reports the demo unit had a 1.6GHz Intel Atom Z530 CPU, 1GB of RAM, and a 160G hard drive, but these specs could change. PC Mag says 3 and 6 cell batteries will be available and the laptop should begin shipping by the end of April.
Light weight notebooks
- Acer Aspire 3935: 13.3 inch, 1366 x 768 pixel display, Intel Core 2 Duo CPU, 4GB of RAM, 8 hour battery, fingerprint scanner, and WiMAX – probably one of the pricier new models
- Gateway EC series: 13.3 inch, 16:9 display, under 1 inch thick, solid stte disks, HDMI output, ptional 3G and bluetooth – no word on pricing
Nettops and low power all-in-one desktops
- Acer AspireRevo – tiny nettop with up to 4GB of RAM, 250GB HDD, HDMI, VGA outputs, 6 USB ports, 1.6GHz Intel Atom CPU and NVIDIA Ion graphics platform
- eMachines EZ1600 – 18.5 inch, 720p display, Intel Atom N270 CPU with integrated graphics, up to 160GB HDD, DVD-RW, WiFi
- Acer Aspire Z5600 – 24 inch, 1080p multitouch display with up to 2TB HD, TV tuner, DV/Blu-Ray combo drive
Unfortunately there’s no word on the pricing or release date for the Aspire Z5600 because I really want one for my living room. But not at the price this thing will probably ship for. It’ll probably be cheaper to buy a 26 or 32 inch LCD TV and slap an AspireRevo on the back.