- HP Mini 1000 series netbook – You can read my review here.
- HP TouchSmart IQ816 PC – A 25.5 inch touchscreen media center PC
- HP HDX 18 series Premium Notebook PC
- HP Pavilion dv4-1145go Entertainment Notebook
- HP MediaSmart Connect
- HP Photosmart C6380 Wireless AIO Printer
- HP 564 Series Photo Value Pack
- Microsoft Office Home & Student 2007
- Corel VideoStudio X2
- Kung Fu Panda widescreen DVDs
Those of you keeping count may have noticed that the list includes 4 computers, a printer, a media cennter extender, some software, and other goodies. Now as much as I know y’all would love to have an all-in-one desktop, and a tiny, medium sized and large laptop, I’m going to go out on a limb and assume few of you absolutely need all four computers. But they’re all part of a single prize package.
So here’s what I’m going to do. I’m going to ask you to tell me what you would do with this prize package. And I’m going to encourage your to share at least some of the love by giving one or more of the computers to a friend, family member, or colleague who could really use it or by choosing a charity, non-profit, or other group that you think should receive one or more of the PCs. The contest is open to anyone in the world (fortunately the sponsors are picking up the tab for shipping costs), and we’ll ship the prize package both to the winner and to whatever second site that person choses.
You can find the complete rules for the contest after the break.
OK, so here’s how to enter.
- Register for an account in the Liliputing Forums. (If you already have an account you can skip this step).
- Write a post in the HP Magic Giveaway thread explaining what you would do with the prize package. Whether you have a sob story, a funny story, or just a story to tell, let us know why you want to win and how you’ll use the prize package. Make sure to let us know if yo uplan to give away a portion of the prize.
That’s it. Becoming an active participant in the forums will make me like you more, but I’m not going to assign a point value to the number of posts you leave, because I don’t want to encourage lots of mindless posts in the forums. there’s a great community of netbook and mobile computing enthusiasts hanging out at the forums though, and I’d encourage you to participate or at least read some of the interesting discussions thave have been taking place in the forums over the last few months.
The contest will run through December 16th, when I’ll choose a winner. If the winner doesn’t respond to my message within 24 hours the prize will go to the runner up.
I’d love it if the winner would take a picture of the prizes after they’re all set up and send them to me so I can post about it on the site, but I’m not going to make that a requirement because, you know, it’s kind of hard to enforce.
There’s a bit of fine print to go over. But just for you, I’m going to write it out in normal sized font.
- The contest is open to anyone, anywhere in the world. But you cannot win if you’re my personal friend or family member or if you’ve won a HP Magic Giveaway contest on another participating web site. Any US citizen who wins will be required to pay taxes on the prize, but HP, Microsoft and BuzzCorps will provide you with compensation to offset those taxes.
- Only one entry per person please. And before you go trying to sign up for multiple forum accounts, let me remind you that I can track your IP and detect fraud in other ways.
- All of the items in the prize package are new. But I have opened a few of the boxes to review the items inside, most noticeably the HP Mini 1000 which I used for about a week in order to write up a review for Liliputing. All items have been restored to their factory default settings.
- All entries must be received by 11:59PM Eastern Standard Time on December 16th.
If you have any questions, feel free to post them in the comments. But remember, your contest entry must be posted in the forums.