If you’ve lost track of all the different models of Asus Eee PCs, you’re not alone. But that’s not necessarily a bad thing. Because while it would be nice if you could rattle off the complete list of Eee PC models off the top of your head, I’d rather have a wide selection of netbooks to choose from. With that in mind, let me introduce you to the new Asus Eee PC 900HA.
No, I have no idea what the name means. It has a 9 inch screen like the original Eee PC 900. But the 900HA also has an Intel Atom CPU like the Eee PC 901. At least that’s what the Amazon product page seems to indicate. The Eee PC 900HA also has a 160GB hard drive while the Eee PC 900 and Eee PC 901 ship with lower capacity solid state disks.
Here’s the rundown of the 900HA specs:
- Processor: 1.6GHz Intel Atom CPU
- Display: 8.9 inch, 1024 x 600 pixel display
- Storage: 160GB HDD
- Operating System: Windows XP Home
- Dimensions: 8.9″ x 6.7″ x 1.3″
- Expansion: 3 USB ports, VGA output
- Webcam: 1.3MP
- Weight: Amazon says 6 pounds, but says the shipping weight is 1 pound. I’m going to guess it’s closer to 2.2 or 2.5 pounds, which is the weight of the Eee PC 900/901 models
- Connectivity: 802.11b/g WiFi, Ethernet
- Battery: 4 cell
- Color: Black
Probably the most attractive thing about the Asus Eee PC 900HA is the price: $350. That makes this one of the cheapest Intel Atom-powered netbooks on the market. It’s not available just yet, but you can preorder from Amazon: