You may have noticed that I’ve tweaked the site design a bit in the last few days. But let’s be honest, I’m a content nerd, not a design geek. So I’ve decided to outsource the most important part of the new site design by turning to you for help: Liliputing could really use a new logo.
Right now the logo for this site is basically just the site name in Courier New font. I’m sure we can do better. So here’s the deal. If you can help me come up with a design that truly captures the spirit of Liliputing, I’ll give you a $50 $100 gift certificate to Amazon.com. But wait, there’s more!
While I can only pick one design, I’m feeling generous, so I’ll give out $25 gift certificates to the 2nd and 3rd runners up. If I decide not to use any of the submissions as the new site logo, I’ll award $25 gift certificates to the three best entries.
How will entries be judged? Well, I’ll take a look at them and decide which ones I like best. That’s pretty much it.
Here are a few more things you should know:
- Send all entries to lili…@bradlinder.net (hit the … to find the actual email address).
- Submit as many entries as you like.
- Entries can include text, graphics, or a combination of both. They should not include copyrighted images such as promotional pictures of specific laptop computers. Any artwork that violates copyright laws will be disqualified, no matter how cool it looks.
- Pay attention to the site. The logo will likely stay in approximately the same position, so think about designs that would work well on this web page. The logo may also be used on business cards or other promotional materials.
- The deadline for entries is currently set at 12:00pm EST on Friday, August 22nd, 2008. Depending on the number of submissions received by that date I will either select a winner or extend the contest for a brief period.
- The winner and runners up will be notified as soon as the selection has been made, which should be within 48 hours of the end of the contest. If your selection is not chosen, you may not receive any response at all. It doesn’t mean I don’t like you or your artwork. It just means I’m busy.
- Entrants should understand that are granting Liliputing the right to use their artwork free of charge forever.
- This contest is open to anybody, anywhere in the world. But I’m not sure how easy it will be to send gift certificates for non-US versions of Amazon. If the winner or runners up would prefer payment via PayPal, we can probably work something out, but a small amount may be deducted to cover PayPal fees.