The official product page for the Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Mini is now live, and it clears up a bit of the confusion I’ve seen regarding this laptop over the past few days. First up, the machine packs a 1.8 inch 4200rpm hard drive, not a 3600rpm drive. Second, it includes with a 4 cell, 2200mAh battery, with an optional 6 cell version coming in December.
The company claims you can get up to 4 hours and 25 minutes of battery life with the standard battery (in idle mode), or up to 2 hours and 35 minutes of general usage including surfing the web. It takes an hour and 20 minutes to fully charge the battery if the PC is off, and an extra 20 minutes to charge the battery if you’re using the laptop.
Here’s a semi-complete rundown of the specs:
- Display: 8.9 inch, 1024 x 600 pixels
- CPU: 1.6GHz Intel Atom
- RAM: 1GB
- Storage: 60GB, 80GB, or 120GB HDD
- OS:Windows XP
- Connectivity: 802.11b/g WiFi, Bluetooth
- Expansion: ExpressCard, 4-in-1 card reader, 2 USB ports, VGA output
- Battery: 4 cell, 2200mAh
- Webcam: 1.3MP
- Dimensions: 9.2″ x 6.9″ x 1.1″ ~ 1.4″
- Weight: 2.2 pounds
- Colors: Black and white with changeable black, red, brown, and pink faceplates
- Price: About $588 US
- Availability: October
Fujitsu has also posted a gallery of high resolution images of the laptop.