The Tronsmart Prometheus looks more like a spaceship (or futuristic eyeware) than a device that lets you run Android apps on your TV. But this Android box is designed to turn any TV into a smart TV capable of running Android apps so you can surf the web, watch internet video, or play games.
It’s also got a few things going for it that most Android TV boxes lack, including an Ethernet jack, 3 full-sized USB ports, and a full-sized SD card slot.
Geekbuying sells the box for $90, but the folks at the internet retailer sent me a demo unit a few months ago. Since it’s been sitting on my shelf long enough, I figure it’s time to give it away before it starts to look hopelessly out of date.
This contest is for one Tronsmart Prometheus TV box. It features a 1.5 GHz Amlogic M6 dual-core processor, Android 4.12 Jelly Bean software, HDMI and AV cables, a power supply, and a power button on the back (something that’s worth pointing out since many Android TV boxes don’t have one).
While the Amlogic processor isn’t exactly a speed demon by today’s standards, it should pack enough power to handle 720p and 1080p HD video in a variety of formats. You can find more details in a review from CNX-Software from earlier this year.
Here’s how to enter to win this TV box:
Leave (just one) comment by 5:00AM Eastern on Monday, 9/30/2013
That’s the most important bit. Here’s how to make sure you actually qualify to win:
- A winner will be randomly selected from all valid entries.
- The contest is only open to residents of the United States, or folks with a valid US shipping address.
- If you’ve won another Liliputing contest in the past 60 days, we’ll throw out your name, so don’t bother entering.
- If you write for Liliputing or are close friends or family members of a writer, you’re disqualified.
- Make sure to use a valid email address, Twitter, Facebook or Google+ account to leave your comment — and make sure to check your messages after the contest ends.
- Once we select a winner, that person will have 48 hours to respond. If we don’t hear back, we’ll select another winner.
Thanks again to Geekbuying for providing the Tronsmart Prometheus Android TV box!
Update: Congratulations to our winner, Mike Purcell!