If you’re in the market for a 7 inch Android-based tablet/eReader, it’s hard to beat the Barnes & Noble NOOK HD at the moment. B&N is selling the tablet for $129 and up and it has a higher-resolution display than the Amazon Kindle Fire HD, as well as full support for the Google Play Store.
What it might not have is a future — B&N plans to kill its tablet hardware division soon, so there’s no guarantee the $129 NOOK HD will be supported for much longer.
So when Amazon marks down the price of the Kindle Fire HD a bit, that tablet starts to look pretty good. Right now you can buy one for $30 off… or you can pick up a 2011-era model for even less if you don’t mind buying refurbished products.
Here are some of the day’s best deals.
- Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7″ tablet for $169 and up – Amazon
- Refurb Amazon Kindle (first gen) for $100 – DailySteals (via eBay)
- Lenovo IdeaPad A1 7″ Android 2.3 tablet for $50 after rebate – Newegg
- Asus MeMO Pad ME172V 7″ tablet for $90 – Newegg
- Refurb Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 for $299 – BuyDig (via eBay)
- Refurb Asus Q200E 11.6″ touchscreen notebook w/Core i3 for $300 – TigerDirect
- Unlocked GSM HTC One X (Not the 2013 HTC One) smartphone for $350 – Groupon
- July’s Kindle ebooks for $3.99 or less – Amazon
You can find more bargains in our daily deals section.