One of my favorite tips for finding a cheap laptop is to wait until the manufacturer announces the next-generation model. Now that Lenovo’s IdeaPad U330 ultrabook with a Haswell processor is on the way, prices for the IdeaPad U310 with an Ivy Bridge chip are dropping fast.
Right now you can pick up a new model of this thin and light laptop from Lenovo for as little as $529. A touchscreen version costs $90 more.
You might not get the same battery life or full HD screen you get with the newer model, but you get a pretty good portable notebook for a pretty good price.
Here are some of the day’s best deals.
- Lenovo IdeaPad U310 13″ ultrabook for $529 and up – Lenovo
- Refurb Asus Q200E 11.6″ touchscreen notbeok for $300 – Rakuten
- Refurb Acer Aspire TimelineX 1830T 11.6″ notebook for $269 – Daily Steals
- Refurb Toshiba Excite 10 tablet w/Tegra 3 for $200 – TigerDirect
- PC game bundle w/Tomb Raider, Sleeping Dogs, Just Cause 2 for $24 – GameFly(coupon: GFDJUN20 )
- PNY 128GB USB 2.0 flash drive for $45 after rebate – TigerDirect
- Free MP3s: RadioHead live from 1995 – NoiseTrade
You can find more bargains in our daily deals section.