Deals of the Day (1-14-2012)
The first generation Amazon Kindle Fire may be well over a year old at this point, but it’s still a pretty good little tablet, featuring a 7 inch, 1024 x 600 pixel display, a TI OMAP 4 dual core processor, 512MB of RAM, and Amazon’s custom version of Android 2.3
It’s also a pretty hacker-friendly device, and we’ve seen unofficially builds of every version of Android ported to the tablet — including Android 4.2 Jelly Bean.
While new Kindle Fire 2 tablets have starting prices of $159, you can pick up a refurbished 1st-generation Kindle for just $96.
For even less money you could get a Kobo Vox tablet today… but I wouldn’t. It has a lousy display and the build quality isn’t as good.
Here are some of today’s best deals.
- Refurb 1st-gen Amazon Kindle Fire for $96 – All4Cellular (coupon: A4C20)
- Refurb Asus Eee Pad TF101 10″ tablet for $160 - All4Cellular (coupon: A4C20)
- Refurb Asus Transformer Pad TF300T + keyboard for $330 - Woot
- Kobo Vox 7″ Android tablet for $80 – CowBoom
- Samsung Series 5 13.3″ slim notebook w/AMD A6 for $480 – TigerDirect
- SanDisk 240GB SATA III 2.5″ SSD for $150 – Buy.com (via eBay)
- Sony Reader Pocket Edition PRS-300SC for $49 – BigDeals (via eBay)
- Refurb Amazon Kindle DX 9.7″ eReader w/3G for $160 – DirectSourceLiquidations (via eBay)
- $10 off orders of $100 or more - J&R (coupon: CES2013)
You can find more bargains in our daily deals section.