The Ampe A10 is a Chinese tablet with a 1.2 GHz Freescale i.MX6 Quad processor, Vivante GC2000 graphics, and a 10.1 inch, 1280 x 800 pixel display. It runs Google Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and sells for about $220 at PandaWill.
But if you’re looking to save $220, here’s your chance to get one for free. We’re kicking off the Liliputing 2012 Holiday Giveaway with this quad-core tablet.
As I mentioned when I reviewed this Ampe A10, it’s not the fastest around, and the build quality and battery life leave a bit to be desired. But it’s as reasonably zippy device which scores about twice as high on most benchmarks as, say, a first generation NOOK Tablet or Amazon Kindle Fire.
This tablet also has some serious potential as a developer-friendly device, thanks to its Freescale i.MX6 processor. Freescale has released quite a bit of documentation for this chipset, which could help developers write better, or at least different software for the device, or port other Linux-based operating systems to run on the device.
CNX Software has a pretty good overview of some of the available documentation and tools.
This contest is for the exact same unit I reviewed recently. That means you get the same dead pixel and screen bubble I found.
A set of headphones and a micro USB to full sized USB adapter are included in the package.
How to win: Leave a comment by midnight, 11/26/2012
All you have to do to enter this contest is leave a comment below — and make sure that I have a way to contact you by making sure there’s an email address, Facebook, Google, or Twitter account associated with your Disqus commenting account. I’ll contact the winners via email, Facebook, or Twitter, or Google+.
Entries must be received by midnight, Eastern Standard Time, Monday, November 26th, 2012.
Here’s a bit more print:
- This contest is only open to residents of the continental United States (since I’m footing the bill for shipping… if you’re outside the US and willing to pay $20 or so in shipping costs, go ahead and enter, and let me know in your comment).
- Please leave only one comment on this post. Leaving multiple comments will disqualify you.
- Winners will be randomly chosen from all valid entries.
- Winners have 48 hours to respond after they’ve been selected. If we cannot contact a winner, we will choose another winner at random.
- Writers for Liliputing and their friends and family members cannot enter this contest.
- We’ll be running a few more contests in the coming days — and you can only win once during the Liliputing 2012 Holiday Giveaway. Since this is the first giveaway, pretty much anyone can win.
Thanks to PandaWill for supplying Liliputing with this Ampe A10 tablet.