Sony’s Windows 8 laptops hit pre-order for $450 and up
Sony has started taking pre-orders for the company’s line of Windows 8 notebooks. Starting prices range from $449.99 for a Sony Vaio E 11.6 inch notebook with an AMD Brazos CPU to $1599.99 for the 13.1 inch Vaio Z high-end ultraportable notebook.
Here’s a run-down of some of Sony’s new Windows 8 laptops with 13.3 inch or smaller displays:
- 11.6″ Vaio E w/AMD E2-1800 for $450
- Vaio T ultrabook w/Intel Ivy Bridge, optional touchscreen for $730 and up
- Vaio S Series 13″ notebooks w/Ivy Bridge for $900 and up
- Vaio Duo 11 convertible hybrid tablet w/HD display for $1160 and up
- 13″ Vaio Z 2.6 pound ultraportable for $1600 and up
While most the new models with Intel Ivy Bridge processors have relatively high starting prices, it’s nice to see that Sony is keeping the entry-level Vaio E Series 11 laptop with its $450 price tag alive.
This model features a dual-core AMD E2-1800 CPU, Radeon HD 7340M graphics, 4GB of RAM, a 750GB hard drive, HDMI and VGA ports, USB 3.0, and a 1366 x 768 pixel display. It’s reasonably portable, measuring 11.4″ x 8″ x 1.25″ and weighing 3.3 pounds. And while the notebook won’t exactly be a speed demon, it’s a nice alternative for customers looking for an affordable portable Windows 8 laptop.