I haven’t heard anything from Samsung about any new or upcoming netbooks with Intel Atom Pine Trail processors. But French retailer Rue de Commerce is selling a new model called the Samsung N220 which appears to be an updated version of the Samsung N140. The main difference? the new model has a 1.66GHz Intel Atom N450 processor.
Here’s a rundown of the specs:
- CPU: 1.66GHz Intel Atom N450
- Display: 10.1″ non-glossy 1024 x 600 pixel screen
- Memory: 1GB
- Storage: 250GB
- OS: Windows 7 Starter Edition
- Connectivity: 802.11b/g/n WiFi, Bluetooth 2.1, Ethernet
- I/O: 3 USB, VGA, mic, headphone, SDHC card slot
- Battery: 6 cell, 5900mAh battery with up to 11.5 hours of run time
- Dimensions: 10.4″ x 7.4″ x 1.4″
- Weight: 2.9 pounds
- Price: 349 Euros in France (about $503 US, although it will likely sell for less in the States)
The standout feature for me isn’t the CPU so much as the 11.5 hour battery life claim. Of course, it’s the new low power CPU that makes this possible, but I’ll be very curious to see how long this computer can run under real-world conditions. According to the spec sheet, it should get about 7.5 hours of run time while playing videos, which leads me to believe that you’ll actually get somewhere between 7 and 11 hours in most situations. That ain’t too shabby… if it’s true.
More pictures after the break.
via Netbook 3G