GNB’s 7 inch Google Android netbook – Video
GNB is showing off a netbook with a 7 inch screen, ARM processor, and Google Android Operating system. Sascha from Netbook News spent some time with this little laptop, and you can check out his video after the break. But here are some of the highlights:
- CPU: 533MHz Freescale i.MX31 ARM-based processor
- Operating System: Google Android
- Display: 800 x 480 pixel touchscreen (Sascha says it’s not glossy, but you can see a fair bit of glare in the video)
- RAM: 256MB
- Storage: Up to 8GB SSD
- I/O: 3 USB ports, mic, headphone, and 4-in-1 card reader
- Weight: 680 grams, or about 1.5 pounds
Sascha says the battery should be good for about 2.5 hours of run time. The keyboard and touchpad look ridiculously small. And while the computer is pretty small in terms of length and width, it looks pretty thick. I wouldn’t be surprised if it were 1.3 inches or so thick.
No word on pricing, but my guess is this is a netbook or smartbook that you’ll see coming from telecoms who will bundle it with a service contract, not as a standalone product.
The computer seems to be running a standard version of Google Android which is designed for cellphones. It doesn’t appear to be modified in any way to work better on a netbook with a larger screen or keyboard.